Are seasonal allergies putting you in a slump? The changing of the seasons can wreak havoc on the sinuses and trigger a multitude of common seasonal allergy symptoms and allergic reactions.
Tree pollen typically plagues us in the spring and summer while ragweed pollen looms around us in the summer and fall. Mold is also a typical autumn-time trigger because it thrives in moist, damp areas. Rotting leaves provide a perfect environment for mold to grow and release spores into the air to reproduce. These tiny spores can cause symptoms that include nasal congestion, runny noses, sneezing, and itchy, watery eyes.
There are a few things that you can have in your home that can help relieve allergy symptoms no matter what time of year it is.
The first thing we recommend is that you reduce your exposure to outdoor allergens. Here are a few tips to help you do that:
- Stay indoors as much as possible on dry windy days.
- After being outside, remove the clothes you’ve worn and shower to rinse off any pollen in your hair or on your body.
- If you are doing outside chores around the house, wear a mask.
The RZ Particulate Respirator Mask was designed to help protect you from harmful air pollutants like pollen. This comfortable DIY mask includes two revolutionary RZ Mask F1 Activated Carbon Replacement Filters for facemasks. RZ Facemasks comply with N95* and N99* NIOSH standards and prevents 99.9% of allergens, dust, dirt, and other types of air particles from entering your lungs and nasal passages. Stay protected with a lightweight, durable, and dependable RZ Mask M2 Mask today!
RZ Mask M2 Mesh Mask
It’s also important to be prepared before it’s too late. Here are a few tips that can help you get ahead of those season allergies:
- Pay attention to the weather. Your weather app or favorite weather channel should be able to provide information for when pollen counts will be high.
- Start taking precautionary measures to prepare your immune system for allergy season. Whether it’s taking allergy medicine, using a nasal spray, or getting allergy shots, it’s best to start these before you are suffering.
- Make sure your windows and doors are tightly closed to reduce the chance of allergens getting inside your home.
- Pollen counts are usually highest in the morning, so avoid outdoor activity when possible.
Allergens don’t only exist outside of the home; they are a big threat to your indoor air quality.
- Invest in a high-quality furnace filter.
3M Filtrete Allergen, Bacteria & Virus Air Filters are options for those who suffer from allergies. These high-quality furnace filters are one of the most optimal-performing filters on the market right now. They are designed with electrostatically charged fibers to attract and retain micro-particles and airborne allergens and will also capture bacteria and virus-carrying particles. Choose from two great options depending on your needs:
The 3M Filtrete 1500 Ultra Allergen Bacteria, & Virus Air Filter reduces the following contaminants from your air:
- Cough and Sneeze Debris
- Bacteria & Viruses
- Household Dust
The 3M Filtrete 1900 Premium Allergen, Bacteria, & Virus Air Filter reduces the following contaminants from your air:
- Pet Dander
- Mold Spores
- Virus Carrying Particles
- Household Dust
- Dust Mite Debris
2. Change your furnace filter on a regular basis. It is recommended that furnace filters be changed at least every 3 months. Filters are vital to the reduction of common indoor allergens such as pollen, dust mites, pet dander, and more.
3. Use your air conditioner to cool your home rather than opening windows.
4. Invest in a vacuum that has a HEPA filter to help reduce allergens from being stirred up in your home.
The LivePure LP5000DMVC UV HEPA Dust Mite Vacuum neutralizes the allergens causing dust mites and particles living deep inside your mattress, bedding, furniture, carpet, and clothing. This doctor recommended vacuum features a UV light, covered rolling brush, and HEPA filter which will make household vacuuming more efficient at removing allergens. This must-have vacuum cleaner doesn’t just clean the surface, it deep cleans and kills dust mites and allergens. The true HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns keeping them out of your air.
LivePure UV HEPA Dust Mite Vacuum
5. Consider using an air purifier that uses a HEPA air purifier in your bedroom and other rooms you spend a lot of time in.
Ensure the air in your home is as safe and healthy as it can be with this True HEPA Allergy Relief Desktop & Small Room Air Purifier. Investing in an air purifier for your home is a safe and easy way to rid your environment of allergens, odors, germs, and more.
This true HEPA air purifier contains 3 strong and beneficial filters & a preliminary, a true HEPA, and activated carbon. Together, these filters remove 99.97% of pet dander, mold spores, odor, smoke, allergens, pollen, and dust, and capture contaminants down to a tiny 0.3 microns. You’ll notice a significant difference in your air quality and your health when you invest today!
True HEPA Allergy Relief Desktop & Small Room Air Purifier
No matter what time of year it is, FiltersFast.com is here to help you protect yourself and your family. Have a question about our topic today or want a product recommendation? Leave us a comment!